Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Paradise continues...October 15

Mother's Day  delayed. I finally got my Mother's Day gift from my John but it was slightly delayed. This trip was originally for May after John's mom funeral in April. We had decided to spend some time together unwinding. Before we were scheduled to leave, Mother's Day arrived and John asked me what I would like and I told him that it would be nice to attend a luau while we would be vacationing on Kauai.  Unfortunately, our son-in-law, landed in the hospital on Mother's Day so we spent the next 30 days with Kari in critical care and oif course postponed our trip to October.
breadfruit tree
Lagoon at Smith's Gardens



Removing the kalua pua'a from the imu
So I got my Mother's Day gift last evening as we spent four delightful hours at the best luau ever. We had heard on a travel  show on TV that the Smith's Family Luau is the best one on Kauai so that is the one that we had Kari book for us.
Tahitian Dancer
The four hours began with a tram ride around the exquisite acres of gardens and and imu ceremony whereby the roasted pig is removed from its ground oven pit.Next were  served an  excellent buffet meal of all of the traditional Hawaiian foods and there was an open bar with no limit on drinks.  After dinner, all 800 or so of the guests walked to the outdoor theatre for an hour show including dances from numerous polynesian cultures. The whole evening was delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment